A Song of Ice and Fire
This is a game tailored for the Seven Kingdoms setting from George R.R. Martin’s books and the A Game of Thrones TV show. The intrigue between the noble houses is just as important as the actions of individual characters; players actually create a house before creating individual characters. In keeping with the source material, this is as much a game of guile and subterfuge as of clever fighting.
A Song of Ice and Fire: A Game of Thrones Edition focuses on replicating the breadth of political, military, and individual confrontations found in The Seven Kingdoms. With medium complexity rules, deadly combat, and ongoing political intrigue, this game is made for campaign play in the grim, high fantasy, low magic world of the Seven Kingdoms.
Here’s how the publisher describes A Song of Ice and Fire:
A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying gives you everything you need to play and run games in the Seven Kingdoms using an easy to learn system specifically designed to evoke the atmosphere of the best-selling novels and hit TV show.
Three Things About A Song of Ice and Fire
- Noble Houses: The creation of the noble house your characters serve is it’s own mini-game, with rules covering relationships with other houses, creation of a coat of arms, and more.
- Destiny Points: Players may spend Destiny Points to change the course of events in a minor way, burn them to affect major events, or invest them to acquire permanent benefits.
- Intrigue Rules: Secret plans, subtle manipulations, and the cultivation of political and social influence are core to the A Song of Ice and Fire books, and the game’s Intrigue mechanics bring those elements to life.
- “If you have love for George R. R. Martin’s work, and are eager to play a new type of RPG, you will be very happy with SIFRP.” – Connie Thomson, Geek’s Dream Girl
- “I’ve played dozens of RPGs and read dozens more. Very few have fired my imagination (and stirred my gaming group’s excitement) the way the Green Ronin’s Song of Ice and Fire RPG has.” – Ed Grabianowski, io9
- Download the free Quick-Start PDF from Green Ronin
- Look for the book at your local game store
- Buy the book or PDF from Green Ronin
- Buy the book from Amazon