Dungeons & Dragons
D&D is unique. It’s the original fantasy roleplaying game that spawned a hobby and an industry, hundreds of supplements and adventures have been written for it, and for its 40th anniversary an overhauled version is getting people excited about Dungeons & Dragons all over again.
If you’ve never played D&D, the Starter Set contains everything you need to play. For more options, you’ll need the core rulebooks (the Player’s Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master’s Guide).
Three Things About Dungeons & Dragons
- Options Galore: With the 5th edition, the designers make it easy to mix and match optional rules to suit the needs of a given gaming group.
- Bounded Accuracy: Attributes and bonuses are capped, so the variance in power between low- and high-level characters is reduced.
- Vast Back Catalog: Because D&D has been around for ages and has such pull, there are hundreds of supplements and adventures that can with varying degrees of modification, be used with the latest version of the rules.
The D&D Starter Set
Notes for Gaming Beginners
The boxed set was designed especially for new gamers. It includes rules, a complete multi-session adventure, dice, and character sheets. All you need to bring is pencils, note paper, and players.
- “My verdict? This is my favorite version of D&D.” — Stan Shinn, S.W. Shinn
- “It’s not the finest starter set for an RPG ever made, but it’s certainly a lot of fun to play and serves as a good taste of things to come.” — Jonathan Bolding, The Escapist
- Buy the Starter Set at Amazon
The D&D Core Rules
- Player’s Handbook — “The Player’s Handbook is the essential reference for every Dungeons & Dragons roleplayer. It contains rules for character creation and advancement, backgrounds and skills, exploration and combat, equipment, spells, and much more.”
- Monster Manual — “The Monster Manual presents a horde of classic Dungeons & Dragons creatures, including dragons, giants, mind flayers, and beholders—a monstrous feast for Dungeon Masters ready to challenge their players and populate their adventures.”
- Dungeon Master’s Guide — “The Dungeon Master’s Guide provides the inspiration and the guidance you need to spark your imagination and create worlds of adventure for your players to explore and enjoy.”
- “There are a lot of reasons I love 5th edition and think it’s the best version of D&D ever made.” — Lex Starwalker, Starwalker Studios
- “After 13 months and more than two dozen sessions, it’s safe to say we love 5th Edition.” — Ken Newquist, Nuketown
- Buy the Core Rulebooks at Amazon
- Wizards of the Coast’s D&D Community includes news, information, and downloads. They’re also on twitter.
- RPG StackExchange
See Dungeons & Dragons in Action
Also Check Out