The comic book world of Valiant Universe takes form in this story-driven, rules-light game designed to appeal to beginners. Catalyst Game Labs has provided a quickstart rules PDF and multiple quickstart supplements as well as the full game.
Catalyst Labs has created a 20-page comic in PDF form that reveals players and their characters playing a game of Valiant Universe.
Here’s how the publisher describes Valiant Universe:
No matter the powers, no matter the choices, the price in body and mind may be more than you’re willing to pay. And your choices will lead to heroics…. or to villainy. How will you be remembered?
Three Things About Valiant Universe
- Valiant Characters: This is a system tailored for the Valiant Universe, and it is filled with dozens of playable characters from Bloodshot to X-O Manowar.
- Cue System: The game mechanics are focused on narrative, with characters being defined by statements about their abilities rather than numbers, and gamemastering being a shared duty in play.
- Low Prep: Because of the collaborative, story-driven play style of Valiant Universe, game sessions require very little preparation.
- “It seems that there is never a dull moment in this universe, largely because each narrator is trying to out do the other. With all that said, I’m concerned for the Valiant RPG – it might just be too much fun.” — Aremis, Through Gamer Goggles
- “If you are looking for a super-hero game that is about story instead of just fist-fights you should check this one out.” — Christopher Helton, Bleeding Cool
- Grab the free quickstart PDFs from Catalyst Game Labs
- Buy the book and PDF from BattleCorps
- Buy the book at Amazon
- Buy the PDF at DriveThruRPG