Fix the Future!
The apocalypse has come, but thankfully there‘s a way to rebuild. You just have to read the simple directions… .
Post-holocaust settings have long been a staple of speculative fiction, so it unsurprising that dozens of apocalyptic roleplaying games have been published over the last four decades. Flatpack: Fix the Future differs from its kin by focusing on rebuilding. Literally. Characters use their wits and pre-ruin technology to create a better world.
Here’s how publisher Machine Age Productions describes Flatpack:
Until someone tells us otherwise, we’re saying that Flatpack: Fix the Future is the first game in the smash Hyperoptimistic Postapocalyptic genre of gaming. Flatpack is a game about building a new society using pre-apocalypse technology that you don’t always trust or understand, and solving terrible problems creatively.
What Fans Love About Flatpack
- Optimistic Post-Apocalypse – This is a post-apocalypse world with tongue firmly in cheek and humor intact.
- Focused on Logic Puzzles – While the post-apocalypse genre is usually one in which combat skills win the day, this game is about clever problem-solving.
- Simple Rules – The mechanics are designed so they can be explained along the way by the gamemaster.
- “This is probably the best post-apocalyptic game ever.” — BoardGameGeek
- Buy the PDF at DriveThruRPG