Space Troopers fight for the Terran Council and what their wars are all about.
As a member of the elite 3:16 Expeditionary Force, you defend Terra by fighting threats wherever they may appear. Along the way you’ll find out more about yourself and why you’re fighting.
Some games are subtle. Some games hit you over the head with their simplicity. Very few games allow you to quickly and easily jump into the action, then slowly reveal subtleties after repeated play. 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars is one such game. Suitable for one-offs or short campaigns, 3:16 can be used to run straight-up Aliens-style bug hunts or extended deployments in which characters advance in rank and have to grapple with more complex moral issues.
Here’s how publisher BoxNinja describes 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars:
See where your tour of duty in the 3:16th Expeditionary Force takes you and your friends. Join in Terra’s plan to kill every living thing in the Universe to protect the home world. Revel in the kill-happy machismo and enjoy a campaign of Carnage Amongst the Stars.
What Fans Love About 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars
- Simple, Lethal Mechanics – This game uses straightforward conflict resolution mechanics, and the possibility of character death is everpresent.
- Focused Setting – Player characters are members of the 16th Brigade, 3rd Army Expeditionary Force, sent by the Terran Council to wipe out any and all alien threats. The mechanics are, however, straightforward enough to allow the game to be hacked to suit the military sci-fi setting of your choice.
- Flashback Character Exposition – Character creation is extremely fast, but over the course of play more is revealed about characters through “Flashback” moments that affect the course of events.
- “It’s so easy to instantly ‘get’ your character, and the strengths and weaknesses system ensures that as you play your character’s backstory gets more involved and compelling.” — Jez Gray, RPG.net
- “3:16 is a well-built machine that gets you into the action quickly and keeps you there until you’re ready to come up for breath. It works as a quick one-shot game and has the real potential to shine as the platform for a protracted campaign.” — Jimmie Bise, Jr., RPG.net
- Get answers to your 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars questions on RPG StackExchange.