Action Scientists save the world!
Robots. Nazi-punching scientists. Aliens. Evil dinosaurs. Atomic Robo has all this and more. Characters in Atomic Robo are members of Tesladyne, a top-secret corporation that uses science to fight wrongs and help humanity.
The game uses Fate Core mechanics, which focus on helping players create a fast-paced, dramatic story. It employs comic book examples to help explain things, and provides lots of help for new players and gamemasters. If you enjoy pulp-style action and want a game that emphasizes collaborative storytelling, Atomic Robo may be right for you.
Here’s how publisher Evil Hat describes Atomic Robo:
This is action science like you’ve never seen it before, coming straight at you from the pages of the popular Atomic Robo comics by Brian Clevinger and Scott Wegener. Play as an action scientist or immortal robot, super-spy or pulp adventurer—or something stranger still from the hidden corners of super-science!
What Fans Love About Atomic Robo
- Rules Explained in Comics – Atomic Robo presents rules examples in comic form throughout the book to great effect. It’s a powerful way of revealing how things work in the game.
- Action Science – The rules give characters the ability to create exciting new technologies on the fly as they fight the bad guys in pulp-style action.
- Multi-Era Setting – Even if you aren’t familiar with the Atomic Robo comics, you can use the rules to run adventures from the early 20th to the 21st century.
- “Definitely a must buy for any RPG gamer looking for pulpy action-adventure fun.” – Pointyman2000, Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer
- “It’s a nice implementation of Fate rules, really captures the feel of the comics, and can be hacked to support a wide range of set-ups similar to Atomic Robo.” – Rick Neal, What’s He On About Now?
See Atomic Robo in Action
- Get answers to your Atomic Robo questions on RPG StackExchange.