In a world of guns, chrome, and cyberware, you need to take it to the Edge if you want to get ahead!
This is the latest edition of the tabletop RPG that brought the blood and glam of the cyberpunk genre to game tables in the 1980s. It leans heavily into the near-future dystopian environment Night City in the year 2045. Corporations run the show, but there are dangers of all kinds lurking in the shadows.
Here’s how publisher R. Talsorian Games describes Cyberpunk Red:
You’ve hooked your Militech pistol to the interface in your brain; upgraded your cybernetic fist with carbo-glas blades; and installed cybereyes that can pierce through the red haze like morning fog. There’s a world full of opportunities out there, just waiting for the right Edgerunner. Maybe that’s you.
What Fans Love About Cyberpunk Red
- In Your Face Cyberpunk – The mix of tech, street culture, combat, and attitude that marked the original are still intact in Red.
- Straighforward Mechanics – Roll a d10 and add your Stat and Skill ratings – if the combined result beats the Difficulty Value of the task, you succeed.
- Netrunning is Easier – Because there‘s no global Internet in Cyberpunk Red, network nodes need to be accessed physically, which removes the “hacker is not really part of the group” problem.
New to Tabletop RPGs? Go with the Jumpstart Kit
The Jumpstart Kit contains basic rules, pre-generated characters, dice, and everything you need to start playing, even if you’ve never seen a tabletop RPG.
- “This is a game that knows what it is about, and it follows its earlier incarnations without being trapped by them.” — Erik Schmidt, Unpossible Journeys
- “This is a system that truly rewards creativity, and it does so with such effortlessness as to clearly be the product of I-don’t-want-to-guess-how-much effort.” — Adam Factor, Sprites + Dice
See Cyberpunk Red in Action
- Mingle with other Cyberpunk Red fans on the official R. Talsorian Discord
- Converse about Cyberpunk Red on Reddit
- Get answers to your Cyberpunk Red questions on RPG StackExchange