Quick, there’s no time to waste!
Steve Kenson designed Champions, the original crunchy superhero RPG. With Icons he wanted to create lean rules that emphasized quick worldbuilding and rapid play. It is designed with pick-up games in mind, and is suitable for one-shot games and campaigns of short or long duration.
Here’s how publisher Green Ronin describes Icons:
Icons is your all-in-one package for superhero roleplaying adventure: quick, easy, descriptive, and fun!
What Fans Love About Icons
- Team Orientation – Superheroes often operate in teams, and tabletop RPGs are based on teamwork. Every superhero team has special collective capabilities and resources.
- Lightweight Mechanics – Task resolution incorporates levels of failure and success, from failure to marginal, moderate, major, or massive success from one roll using six-sided dice.
- Universe Creation – For campaign play, your group creates a wide array of heroes and villains, so game master duties can be rotated and players have the opportunity to play more than one character.
- “Icons has measured up well to our expectations.” — John Arendt, Dreams in the Lich House
- “If you are looking for a super hero game that you can pick up and play relatively quickly, this is the game for you.” — Christian Lindke, Topless Robot
See Gametitle in Action
- Find Icons fans on Reddit
- Get answers to your Icons questions on RPG StackExchange