Transhuman adventurers roam The Commonality and beyond, rediscovering once-lost worlds and strange beings!
Reach beyond human limits – acquire multiple bodies, take on the mind of a city or a world, – or play as an uplifted animal, a synthetic being, or a sentient starship.
Using Fate Core mechanics, Mindjammer takes place in a space opera setting that incorporates faster than light travel, virtual reality, transhumanism, genetic engineering, conflicts of all kinds, aliens, and more. The rules can be also be used to run campaigns in settings of your own creation.
This is a game well-suited to campaign play, with a solid emphasis on narrative. It is also supported with several supplements.
Here’s how publisher Mindjammer Press describes Mindjammer:
Never has there been a greater time of opportunity. The universe is in flux, and for the first time in ten thousand years no one knows what the future will bring. Charge your blaster, thoughtcast your orders to the starship sentience, and fire up the planing engines. Come and defend the light of humanity’s greatest civilisation as it spreads to the stars!
What Fans Love About Mindjammer
- Incorporates Fate Core Rules – The Fate Core rules are baked into the game, which means Fate Core is not required. It also means system tweaks designed for Fate Core can be incorporated into Mindjammer.
- Leverages an Array of SciFi Tropes – This game really covers everything, from the intersection of humans and machines to exploration of the vast reaches of the galaxy to the subtleties of interspecies interaction.
- Suitable as Setting or Toolkit – The New Commonality of Humankind is a fully-developed setting, but it is presented in a way that provides for everything from tweaking to full overhaul.
- “I am happy to report this book changed the way that I look at SFRPGs.” — kafka, RPGnet
- “Fate Core fans interested in a complete, out-of-the-box sci-fi setting will love Mindjammer.” — Scott Pyle, Play Unplugged
- Modiphius, which distributes Mindjammer, maintains a forum for the game.
- Get answers to your Mindjammer questions on RPG StackExchange.
Try It for Free
- Grab the free 48-page QuickStart PDF from DriveThru RPG, which includes starter rules, four pregenerated characters, and the Dominion intro adventure.