Characters find fast, furious action in any kind of setting!
Jump into adventure as an explorer, soldier, thief, magician, pilot, superhero – anything you can imagine!
Savage Worlds focuses on easy character creation, combat that can scale from a bar-room brawl to a war between nations, and a fast-moving pulp-style feel. The game is well-suited to cinematic, heroic adventure.
It can be used for one-offs or campaign play, and there are many genre, setting and adventure books available.
Here’s how publisher Pinnacle Entertainment Group describes Savage Worlds:
Savage Worlds has everything you need to play narrative or miniature-based games, with quick, simple, yet comprehensive rules for everything from combat to Dramatic Tasks, Chases, and Interludes.
What Fans Love About Savage Worlds
- A wide variety of published settings – Pinnacle has published many setting books, and third-party settings for Savage Worlds abound.
- Proficiency advances by dice type – Rather than adding a trait or skill rating to a roll, the rating is the type of die used in the roll; a novice shooter would roll a d4, while a sharpshooter might roll a d10.
- Fast and flexible combat – Designed for use with miniatures, but playable without them, the combat rules focus on quick resolution and easy situation tracking for even large group situations.
- “Overall, we’re really impressed with the changes to Savage Worlds, and recommend it highly to anyone looking at getting into role-playing games, or to those of you who are looking for a fast, fun, and reliable RPG system that can fit any mold.” – Leigh Kade, Bleeding Cool
- “Savage Worlds Adventure Edition is a very comprehensive, very accessible, detailed but fast toolkit RPG suitable to run games in almost any setting/genre with just the core rulebook.” – Skaye, The Tabletop Almanac
See Savage Worlds in Action
- Pinnacle provides a host of free resources (select ‘Savage Worlds: Core’ on the menu) for gamemasters and players, and maintains an active forum
- Check out Reddit
- Get answers at RPG StackExchange
Try it for Free
- Download the Savage Worlds Test Drive quickstart. This 24-page PDF includes the Savage Worlds Test Drive rules, Triple Cross, an adventure set in the fantasy world of Lankhmar, and printable game aids.