Explore ancient forests in search of long-lost treasure, but beware the Corruption that may consume you!
Characters in Symbaroum leave the relative safety of small outposts of civilization and journey into the heart of Davokar, a vast and forbidding wilderness full of dangers and the opportunity to become renowned adventurers.
In Symbaroum, mechanics follow setting. The dark, brooding, mysterious Forest of Davokar lures adventurers who are eager to plumb its ruins and brave its many dangers. Fearsome creatures and the hidden peril of corrupting magic make these explorations very dangerous indeed.
Players can choose from Warrior, Mystic, and Rogue archetypes, each with five occupations (ex: Warrior contains Berserker, Duelist, Captain, Sellsword, and Knight). The four playable races (Human, Changeling, Ogre, Goblin) are well-differentiated and tightly bound to the setting. Success tests are based on character attributes (Accurate, Cunning, Discrete, Persuasive, Quick, Resolute, Strong, and Vigilant) and resolved with a d20 roll.
Here’s how publisher Free League describes Symbaroum:
Explore the vast Forest of Davokar in the hunt for treasures, lost wisdoms and fame. Visit the eleven barbarian clans to trade or to plunder their treasuries. Establish a base of power among princes, guilds or rebellious refugees in the capital city of Yndaros. Or survive encounters with famished Arch Trolls, dark-minded Blight Beasts and undead warlords.
What Fans Love About Symbaroum
- Setting – The detailed backstory of this post-apocalypse realm provides a solid rationale for the adventurers who plunder its ruins.
- Shadow & Corruption – When nature is abused, it strikes back. Characters who abuse their power run the risk of becoming Corrupted.
- Extensive Support – There are several comprehensive campaign books and supplements for Symbaroum.
- “The simple system and rich setting, thick with dark and evocative imagery, makes this a worthy consideration for new and experienced gamers alike.” — Paul Baldowski, Geek Native
- “Symbaroum excels in every single aspect of game design: the setting, the rules, the layout, the art.” — Antonios S, RPG.net
See Symbaroum in Action
- Check out the official Free League Symbaroum forum
- Find Symbaroum fans on Reddit
- Get answers to your Symbaroum questions on RPG StackExchange.
- Grab the free Quickstart PDF from DriveThru RPG