In a world of hunters and hunted, what is left of your humanity remains precious!
Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition is the most recent in a series of overhauls that have been applied to the original gothic horror game that upended the roleplaying world in the 1990s.
The dark, brooding World of Darkness setting hit the gaming world with the 1991 release of Vampire: The Masquerade, giving rise over the subsequent three decades to a variety of games covering a range of horror themes and creatures, from ghouls to werewolves. But vampires have always been the stars.
Here’s how publisher Renegade Game Studios describes Vampire: The Masquerade:
Vampire: The Masquerade is the original and ultimate roleplaying game of personal and political horror. You are a vampire, struggling for survival, supremacy, and your own fading humanity — afraid of what you are capable of, and fearful of the inhuman conspiracies that surround you.
Three Things About Vampire: The Masquerade
- Tighter Focus – The 5th edition provides more detail about a smaller number of Clans and revises some aspects of the metaplot.
- Revised Hunger Mechanics – As a character’s Hunger increases, more Hunger dice are introduced into their rolls, which can produce dangerous outcomes.
- You’re a Monster – To a much larger degree than previous versions, 5th edition makes it clear that while characters are in many ways more powerful than humans, that comes at a cost.
- “After we finished our second session I thanked my players and told them that I had enough experience to write my review. Every single one of them agreed that they were way too invested and having way too much fun to stop.” — Mike Robles, The Mommy Gamers
- “…if you’ve never played Vampire: The Masquerade, this is a fine introduction that will give you everything you need to put you in this world and help you build a character.” — Gavin Sheehan, Bleeding Cool