People love to share their passion for tabletop roleplaying. This list is just a sample of what’s available, and as you follow these links you’ll find links to more. Note that while these are sorted into broad categories, most of them cover a range of topics. In particular, expect to see reviews in most of these blogs.
- Role Over Play Dead | A Blog About Tabletop Role-Playing Games – Poh Tun Kai provides in-depth actual play accounts, news of the Malaysian RPG scene, and more.
- The Reef – An aging geek girl’s personal blog – Sophie Legacie provides thoughtful game reviews and analysis of the state of the roleplaying hobby.
- Transitory States – Khairul Hisham teaches English, creates paper minis and other RPG art, uses RPGs as a vehicle for teaching, and in his spare time posts on a variety of RPG-related topics.
- Deeper in the Game – From the creator of the Same Page Tool comes tons of thoughtful material ranging from rules analysis to discussions about gaming culture.
- Lich Van Winkle’s Return to Gaming – Meticulous, informative, and thoughtful posts from a lapsed gamer who returned and has plenty of observations about gaming then and now.
- Mythcreants – Fantasy & Science Fiction for Storytellers – The Mythcreants crew critiques various aspects of writing and roleplaying.
- Papers and Pencils | Thoughts and theories on tabletop games. – Beloch Shrike explores and illuminates all sorts of topics for GMs and players alike.
- POC Gamer – Graeme Barber reviews games, discusses worldbuilding, and examines how racism affects the hobby.
- The Voyager’s Workshop – Fantasy artist Wouter Goedkoop combines art and gaming in his posts, exploring why we play and how to make it more enjoyable.
- Thoughty – Brie Sheldon interviews game designers and explores what happens at the table between players.
- Dyson’s Dodecahedron | Award Winning Dungeon Design – Dyson Logos creates dungeon maps and shares his process as well as the amazing results.
- Gnome Stew – Dedicated to the art of game mastering, this outstanding blog offers advice and resources suitable for any GM.
- Sly Flourish: Building the better Dungeons and Dragons Dungeon Master – Though aimed at D&D dungeon masters, Mike Shea’s game mastering tips are invaluable regardless of the game you’re running.
- The Alexandrian – Actor, writer, and gamer Justin Alexander provides lots of goodies for game masters, and highlights the connections between roleplaying and other media.
- Angel’s Citadel – This blog is focused primarily on Cypher System games.
- Sanity Zero – A veteran Call of Cthulhu Keeper provides reviews, actual plays, and more.
- The Data Haven - Look here for lots and lots of Shadowrun goodies.
- The Iron Pact – This is a treasure trove of information and resources for Symbaroum.
- Train to Baikonur – Created by yours truly, T2B is exclusively focused on Degenesis.
- No Rerolls – Situated at the intersection of miniatures wargaming and tabletop roleplaying, this blog provides plenty of inspiration.
- Bat in the Attic – Rob Conley covers a wide range of topics from the perspective of sandbox-style OSR gaming.
- Tenkar’s Tavern – Erik Tenkar reviews games, spreads the word about the latest OSR goings-on, and holds forth on related topics.
- Age of Ravens – Lowell Francis tries lots of different games and writes about them with clarity and depth.
- Andrew Logan Montgomery – Excellent reviews and other RPG material from an astute observer. There’s plenty here if you’re interested in RuneQuest and the world of Glorantha.
- Life and Times of a Philippine Gamer – Here you’ll find reviews, actual play reports, and more.
- Red Dice Diaries – John Large posts YouTube game reviews and explores how to play a variety of games.
- Stargazer’s World – German RPG veteran Michael Wolf has been at this blog for over ten years, and has brought in several other contributors. SGW provides news, reviews, tips, and more.
Need to See More?
- The Tabletop RPG Blogs List at DiceGeeks is ginormous.
Blogs are old school, but just like Maxell audio cassette tapes, they can be pretty cool.